Based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
August 13, 2014
Press / Business Contact:
1016 CG, Amsterdam
Letter Monsters is a free puzzle game for Android, iOS and browser. It combines elements from great classics like Threes! and Triple Town in an attempt to add something fresh to the familiar "combine-three" genre.
**Updated Browser Version: What's New?** (September 5th, 2014)
- A new (and hopefully clearer) tutorial.
- A smaller screen size.
- An improved way of determining the position of your monsters.
- Fixed bugs.
- Performance boosts.
- If you want a full update report you can PM us and we will send you a detailed report.
**End of Update**
DevelopmentThe creative process:
While developing new games, we at 1001.com always strive to incorporate unique gameplays. We looked at some of our competitors and in the last years we have seen a big rise in puzzle games with match-3 elements. Hence the success of Candy Crush, Triple Town, Pudding Monsters, and so forth. However, what we've experienced while playing lots and lots of games ourselves is that when playing games on your mobile devices it feels really good when you can “swipe, swipe, swipe”. We felt that other competitors in the field of match-3 puzzle games lacked gameplays that incorporate the “swipe”. That's exactly where Letter Monsters comes in. It's all about matching elements, solving puzzles, but most of all, about swiping. Comfortable swipes. As for the browser version of our game, we did our best to convert this “swipe factor” to match the arrow keys in the best way possible.Features:
Besides the swiping Letter Monsters has lots of other cool features:
# Funny and sweet graphics.
# The cutest characters.
# Powerful boosters to help with difficult levels.
# Unlock challenging levels and collect powerful boosters.
# Very easy to play!
# Over 60 levels in this first version. New levels will follow!
# An awesome arcade mode.
# Leaderboards to watch your friends and worldwide competitors.
A unique, brand new puzzle game that will keep you on the edge of your seat for hours to come, at least, that's what we hope. Curious? Check out the trailer, images and logos of the game below.
Letter Monsters: The Official Trailer. YouTube
How to play Letter Monsters YouTube
There are far more images available for Letter Monsters, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Reviews and Comments
- "All in all, Letter Monsters is a fun and well put-together experience that can appeal to anyone. [...] With over sixty levels to play through entirely for free, there's really no better way to practice your A-B-C's."
- JoelyBean, Jayisgames
- "Loved the game! It took me a little while to figure out the instructions but once i did i thoroughly enjoyed the game. Well done :)
- BeckyBee, NewGrounds
- "Letter Monsters Android App Demo "
- James Horton, DailyAppShow
Letter Monsters (Android)
Get it on Google Play play.google.com.
Letter Monsters (iOS)
Available on the App Store itunes.apple.com.